Zamza (ザムザ, Zamuza) is a character in who appears in Suikoden II. He is an egotistical magician who bears the Fire Dragon Rune.
Zamza“ I'm strong, I've got good moves, I look good. I'm perfect in every way. How could you say you don't need me. ”
Zamza was a magician who frequented both Toto Village and South Window City. He forced himself into the New State Army when Nanami, offended by his insulting remarks, declared that he was not needed. His high opinion of himself then forced him to join the army, in order to show how valuable a man he was.
Due to his egomaniacal nature, much of Zamza's time in the New State Army was spent complaining that he was overlooked, not having his own room, talking about himself non-stop to anyone who would listen (including Richmond, for five hours) and writing what he dubbed "fantastic letters". He also felt that less important members should be asked to leave the castle, as he felt it too hot and crowded.
Zamza served as a magic unit captain during the Dunan Unification War as well as a magic instructor. He was appointed to the position by Shu, not because of his ability, although he did not lack it, but because, despite his character flaws, in an army comprised of magicians such as Raura, Luc and Mazus, he was the most reliable and well-balanced choice.
Following the Dunan Unification War, he continued to serve as magic instructor in the new Dunan Republic, although his personality was described as infuriating as ever.
- Equipping Zamza with a Fire Sealing Rune will ensure he takes no damage from his Fire Dragon Rune, although it does mean you cannot equip any other rune as Zamza only ever has two rune slots.
- ↑ "I'm the most important member of the Dunan Army. Why don't I even have a room!?" - Zamza (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "What a pain! I went to go ask this guy some questions, and all he did was talk about himself. I couldn't even get a word in edgewise! 5 long hours..." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "This castle is too hot. Also there are too many people. Why don't you ask some of the less important people to leave?" - Zamza (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Stayed in the Dunan army as magic instructor. Still as infuriating as ever." - Zamza's Ending Text (Suikoden II)