Rody (ロデイ, Rodei) is a supporting character in Suikoden III. Rody is the talented, but naive, apprentice of the magician Estella.
Rody's profile“ Estella's apprentice who is training to be a magician. He follows a brutal training routine, faithfully believing in his mentor. ”
Rody is a young boy training hard under Estella with the aim of becoming a skilled magician. He has a pure and sombre personality and holds a great deal of respect and confidence in Estella as his teacher. He is already a talented mage in his own right, but it is unknown whether Estella notices this.
This confidence and pureness of heart means that Rody almost always takes Estella's lies at face value, leading him into absurd situations, such as trying to increase his earth magic prowess by burying himself up to his neck in the ground or running around with his belly button out to increase his lightning magic. He also believed in Estella's claim of a male counterpart to the Alma Kinan Village and after leading the Fire Bringer on a wild goose chase investigating it, joining the group with Estella. Anytime she lied to him, he would take whatever she said as gospel and eagerly hop to it without question, no matter how ridiculous, making him quite probably the most gullible sod in all of Grassland.
Following the War of the Champions, he continues to train under Estella, striving towards his dream of flying on a broomstick. A goal that is all but impossible to accomplish, sadly.
Find Rody in the plaza of Alma Kinan and he will direct you to chat with Estella, who is resting in the inn. She will send you on a fool's errand to locate the "nearby" Gordius Village. Head into the next screen past the plaza and a girl will tell you she has never heard of the place. Return to Estella, she will ignore your input completely, then she and Rody will join you.
- Rody's weapon upgrades as Fly Rod, Bird Rod, Air Rod.
- Rody participates in an absolutely useless Wizard Attack unite with Estella that burns up his level 1 and 2 MPs to deal 100 damage to all foes.
- Rody learns the unique skills Precision, Blinking Magic and Magic Rationing, with a possible S level in the latter. Unsurprisingly, he has great results with most any type of magic skill but relatively dismal results in melee.
- One look at his runes at it is plainly obvious Estella was using him as a human shield. Both Firefly and Wall Runes equipped make Rody a hopeless damage sponge without any player intervention.
- Anyone for Quidditch?
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, page 379