| Map description
| Region |
Location of Rockland in Toran.
) is a village which appears in Suikoden
. It is a small rural village located to the east of the Imperial capital of Gregminster
Man“ They say a new Emperor came to power some years ago but out here in this country village it makes no difference who's Emperor. ”
Rockland's name comes from its harsh terrain, barren save for rocks. During the Gate Rune War, the area was said to be more dangerous than in years past and dissatisfaction with the village's military commander, Grady, was high.
An Imperial Guard party, led by Kanaan, investigated a lack of taxes coming from Rockland in the early stages of the Toran Liberation War, with Grady blaming the issue on the Mt. Seifu bandits. The gambler Marco spent time in Rockland before traveling to the Warriors' Village.
Grady abandoned the village towards the end of the war, with the people of Rockland both happy with their improved circumstances or thoughtful about the future.
- ↑ "What? That's right, this is Rockland. It's called Rockland because except for the rocks it's a barren land." - Man (Suikoden)
- ↑ "You didn't need to carry a weapon last year. But nowadays, it's getting so dangerous around here." - Man (Suikoden)
- ↑ "No matter how hard we work, life gets worse and worse. All because of that bum Gre... Oops, that was close. Just forget what I said. Ha ha ha ha ..." - Woman (Suikoden)
- ↑ "What is it? Those villagers come to complain again? Get them out of here." - Grady (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Rockland is due east. The military commander's name is Grady. Ask him about the taxes." - Kraze Miles (Suikoden)
- ↑ "You see, some bandits settled on nearby Mt. Seifu, and have been pillaging the local villages." - Grady (Suikoden)
- ↑ "I know. I get plenty to eat now because the Imperial Army doesn't take away our food anymore." - Boy (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Good luck to you. Don't become like the Empire." - Man (Suikoden)