From Gensopedia - The Comprehensive Wiki for Konami's Genso Suikoden
Kamandol that ran on burning oil, an idea unheard of in the Toran at the time. Kamandol stated that the engine, when attached to a boat, would allow it to traverse the Rapids of Dunan, which it duly did.
The engine, which was considered fragile, had to be carried from Teien to Rikon to be attached to the boat in question. Due to the weight of the machine and the difficulty in carrying it, this was not a popular task.
- Quite where the name Prodigy comes from is somewhat of a mystery as its Japanese name literally translates as "engine."
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, page 29
- "It's a machine that moves by burning oil." - Kamandol (Suikoden)
- "A machine that runs on oil? Sounds ridiculous." - Flik (Suikoden)
- "Look at this. This will get you over the rapids." - Kamandol (Suikoden)
- "Take good care of this machine. It's fragile." - Kamandol (Suikoden)
- "Thank god I can bid this load farewell." - Viktor (Suikoden)
- "Damn that old man. Making me carry such a heavy load." - Flik (Suikoden)
|Key Items in Suikoden|
|Astral Conclusions · Binoculars · Blueprint · Copper Axe · Earrings · Fake orders · Fire Spear · Kirinji · Mathiu's letter · Moonlight weed · Prodigy · Running Water Root · Suiko Map|