Pahn (パーン, Pān) is a supporting character in Suikoden who makes a cameo in Suikoden II. Pahn is a member of the McDohl household who protected McDohl during the Gate Rune War.
Pahn“ I-I want to follow my heart. Whether my heart is right or wrong will be judged by history. ”
Pahn is a skilled martial artist who swore allegiance to Geil Rugner during the War of Succession. Pahn faced General Teo McDohl in a duel during the war and lost; after this, Pahn defected to Teo McDohl's forces. Pahn came to live in the McDohl household and even helped in the upbringing of Teo's young son. Pahn continued to protect and help McDohl during his missions for the Imperial Guard.
However, when Ted arrived at the McDohl household badly injured, Pahn deduced that the Imperial Guard who had wanted Ted and left to notify the Imperial Guard of his whereabouts.
During the Gate Rune War, Pahn initally served the Scarlet Moon Empire, but he eventually reunited with McDohl in Kouan. Though commanded by Kraze Miles to capture McDohl, Pahn declined, as he wished to join the Toran Liberation Army. Pahn protected McDohl loyally and was one of the first to arrive after an assassin attacked the young master, afterwards standing guard outside of his door.
Pahn proved his allegiance when Teo McDohl attacked Toran Castle. To buy the Toran Liberation Army time, Pahn dueled Teo. Pahn proved the victor of the duel, forcing Teo to retreat, though Pahn would always wonder whether Teo had taken it easy on him.
After the war, Pahn left on a journey to improve himself. Three years later, however, he returned to Gregminster, since he was out of money, although he claimed it was because he had a feeling that McDohl would be returning to the city.
| Super Claws
| Ultra Claws
- It is quite possible to lose Pahn forever, as he must win his duel with Teo. The fight is so one-sided that even the game makes it appear that Pahn is supposed to lose. It takes the best available equipment and as much of a weapon upgrade as he can get just to slip by sometimes.
- Pahn shares the same battle sprite as Morgan, it's a simple palette swap with minor differences.
- If one examines Pahn's diary in Gregminster after one returns from the audience with Emperor Barbarosa, one can see Pahn's food diary, which will be updated the next day. One can also see an updated version in Suikoden II.
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, page 51
- ↑ "Master Tir! Are you all right? You scoundrel!" - Pahn (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Ha ha ha. I won. Or did he show mercy, and let me go?" - Pahn (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Embarks on a journey to improve his imperfect self." - Pahn's Ending Text (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Oh, come on, Pahn. You only came back because you ran out of money." - Cleo (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "I had a feeling you'd be back, so I came home as well..." - Pahn (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Date: 4/XX Breakfast: toast & eggs, Lunch: sandwich, Dinner: croquettes Date: 5/XX Breakfast: toast & fried eggs, Lunch: rice balls, Dinner: roast beef Date: 6/XX Breakfast: toast &..." - Pahn's Diary (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Yesterday's menu Steamed spring chicken, seafood salad, cheese omelet, Gremio's special stew, dumplings..."- Pahn's Diary (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Pahn's Diary: Today's Menu: Salmon Meuniere, Fresh Salad, Roast Beef, Almond Jelly, Inari Sushi..." - Pahn's Diary (Suikoden II)