Miklotov (マイクロトフ, Maikurotofu) is a character in Suikoden II and Gensosuikogaiden Volume 2. Miklotov is a passionate knight from the Knightdom of Matilda.
Miklotov“ I can never look idly by while lives are being thrown away!!! ”
Miklotov is a knight in the Matilda Knightdom. Highly dedicated, Miklotov trained for two hours before breakfast every morning, which was said to be the secret of his Blue Knights' prowess in battle.
Prior to the outbreak of the Dunan Unification War, Miklotov accompanied Gorudo to the Hilltop Conference at Jowston Hill. Miklotov aided Muse City in their defence against the Highland Kingdom, but was forced to withdraw by Gorudo.
When refugees from Muse were massacred attempting to cross into the Matilda Knightdom, Miklotov decided to enter Muse with Hero (Suikoden II) in order to discover the truth behind Highlands' actions. After witnessing the sacrifice of the Muse citizens, Miklotov returned to Rockaxe Castle and asked Gorudo for permission to invade Muse; when it was denied, Miklotov resigned his post as Captain of the Blue Knights.
Miklotov was involved in several of the battles of the Dunan Unification War. Following the end of the war, he reformed the Matilda Knightdom, but declined to become the commander.
Personality and Traits
Miklotov was passionate and prone to speaking his mind. In addition to his old-fashioned demeanor, his plainspokeness did not endear him to women. However, it gave him great empathy towards others. Miklotov was was extremely upset by Gorudo's decision not to aid Muse City refugees when they attempted to cross the border, and even pleaded Gorudo to allow him to invade Muse, if only with his own Blue Knights. At times, Miklotov found his emotions uncontrollable.
Miklotov's passionate, if somewhat reckless, attitude was an inspiration to some of the members of the Blue Knights. Miklotov, like Camus, also had a reputation for kindness in Rockaxe Castle.
- ↑ ”He wakes up early every morning and trains for 2 hours before breakfast. That's why his 'Blue Knights' were such great fighters. Poor guys.” - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Reformed Matilda Knightdom, selected as commander. But politely declined the honor.” - Miklotov's Ending Text (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”He's the type of guy that says whatever is on his mind.“ - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”It's just my opinion, but I don't think you should send women to die on the battlefield. It's just not right.” - Miklotov (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”That's why he doesn't fare too well in the lady's department.” - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”You're ordering us to watch them die!?! I can't... I won't... “ - Miklotov (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Lord Gorudo, I have a request. Please let me take the Army, or even just my own Blue Knight Squadron, to invade Muse. “ - Miklotov (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”You don't understand! Out of my way, Camus! This emotion can't be controlled!” - Miklotov (Suikoden II))
- ↑ ”Lord Miklotov is very driven, and sometimes acts without thought of the consequences. Personally, I think that's a virtue.” - Blue Knight (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Lord Camus and Miklotov are very kind to use, but Lord Gorudo.. I despise him.” - Teen (Suikoden II)