Meg (メグ, Megu) is a character who appears in Suikoden, Suikoden II and Gensosuikogaiden Volume 2. Meg is an adventurous trickster eager to explore and learn the tricks of her trade.
Meg was a young woman from Lenankamp who ran away from home, shouting her maxim "Adventure calls!", much to the frustration of her parents. She would eventually end up in Kaku, looking for her uncle Juppo. She eventually encountered him and joined the Toran Liberation Army against his wishes in order to learn the trickster trade from him. Juppo refused to teach her during this time, which frustrated Meg to a large extent.
Following the end of the Gate Rune War, Meg apparently returned home for a short time before leaving again, once more stating "Adventure calls!"
Meg would eventually catch up with Juppo and he would build her Gadget. After that, he would leave, claiming that Meg needed to see more of the world to become a true trickster. Meg attempted to follow him before losing track of him. She was noted for not really thinking ahead, even her pursuit of Juppo had no real reasoning behind it.
After the fall of Muse, Meg would try to cross the Muse-Greenhill Border but was refused admittance by the Highland Army after Gadget refused to fight them, much to her frustration. She then noticed the hero, who had witnessed the incident and after realising who he was, and reckoning he resembled Juppo, she decided to join the New State Army.
Meg would often experiment on Gadget, taking him apart and putting him back together again. Her tinkering was far from perfect, however, and Gadget would often try to hide from the impetuous young inventor.
Following the Dunan Unification War, she continued to seek out her uncle, riding on Gadget all the while.
Sometime after leaving Dunan, Meg either married or at least had an encounter with some gentleman, as she would soon have a daughter named Belle who would continue in her footsteps as a Trickster.
|| Talk to Meg in Kaku with Juppo in your party at any time.
| Assassin's Dagger
| Silver Dagger
- If you bring Meg to her parents' house in Lenankamp near the end of the first game, they will assume that the hero is her new husband and awkwardness ensues.
- ↑ "From: Lenankamp, Toran Republic" - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "We have a daughter called Meg. If you ever run into her, please tell her to come home once in a while." - Meg's mother (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Darn that tomboy Meg. "Adventure calls" indeed. Making her folks worry like this." - Meg's father (Suikoden)
- ↑ "I'm looking for someone. Maybe you know him. His name is Juppo, he's my uncle and he's a trickster." - Meg (Suikoden)
- ↑ "No, you musn't!" - Juppo (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Hee hee. I was hoping to learn some tricks from you." - Meg (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Who says I'll teach you?" - Juppo (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Old Juppo's so stingy. He won't teach me a thing." - Meg (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Leaves home, saying "Adventure calls"." - Meg's Ending Text (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Uncle Juppo promised to teach me, but... He said, 'You need to see more of the world to be a true trickster.' He gave me Gadget, at least, and now I'm on an adventure." - Meg (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "This girl doesn't think before she does something. There's no good reason for her setting off after Juppo either it seems." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "I looked into her room the other day and saw Gadget all broken down into pieces. I can't believe she really put it back together." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "I had to take Gadget apart and put him back together. There were a few screws left when I was done though.... I hope it's okay." - Meg (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Sometimes Gadget hides around a bunch of barrels and I can never find him..." - Meg (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Riding on Gadget, she took off on a adventure to find Juppo." - Meg's Ending Text (Suikoden II)
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, page 71