Mazus (メイザース, Meizāsu) is a character in Suikoden II and Gensosuikogaiden Volume 1. Mazus is a famous sorcerer and the rival of Crowley.
Mazus“ The great sorcerer Mazus will be your ally!!!!! You should be thankful!!! ”
Mazus is a powerful sorcerer who has had a long rivalry with Crowley. In the past, Crowley and Mazus fought, using so much magical power that they leveled a mountain and made it rain for an entire week.
Much like his rival, Mazus spent a large amount of time secluded from the world, letting his thoughts flow in the Tinto Mines, which he held as the true path to magic. However, Mazus was convinced to go out into the world by Hero (Suikoden II), joining the New State Army as an excuse to test out his magical abilities.
Mazus used his magical arts to the aid of the army. He also sought to further his magical experiments, albiet sometimes recklessly. Thanks to his fame, some young women asked him for love potions.
After the Dunan Unification War, Mazus set off for the Toran Republic in order to battle Crowley once more.
- ↑ ”A long time ago, Mazus and Crowley had a showdown on top of a mountain. They unleashed so much power between them that it rained for a whole week and the mountain was leveled.” - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Ha ha ha ha ha, my name is Mazus!! I am a great sorcerer without peer. Hmm. What am I doing here? You don't understand, do you. I'm letting my thoughts flow in this dark, pure cave. This is indeed the true path to magic.” - Mazus (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”I want to do a large magic experiment. Can I do it here? Thanks.
P.S. If I mess up, this whole place could go up in a flash.” - Mazus (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Lately, the girls around here have been asking Mazus to make them love potions. Can you imagine a bad-eyed and loveless old goat like that making love potions?” - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Set off for Toran Republic to battle Crowley the wizard, his archrival.” - Mazus' Ending Text (Suikoden II)