Marie (マリー, Marī) is a minor character who appears in Suikoden who makes a cameo in Suikoden II. Marie is a inn keeper and proprietress who sheltered the hero for a time during the Gate Rune War.
Marie “ Of course I'm not a warrior, but I can give your soldiers a bowl of soup when they're tired. ”
Marie ran the Scarlet Moon Inn in the city of Gregminster and was at least acquainted with the hero. After he, Cleo and Gremio became fugitives, Marie sheltered them in her inn until they escaped the city. Following this, Marie's actions were uncovered and she was forced to flee the city as well, eventually ending up in Seika. There she was reacquainted with the hero, whom she did not blame for what happened, and asked to join the Toran Liberation Army. Marie opened an inn at Toran Castle and eventually needed the aid of a chef, leading to the recruitment of Antonio.
Following the end of the Gate Rune War, Marie returned to Gregminster where she reopened her inn.
- ↑ "Come in... come... say, if it isn't Master Teo's boy!" - Marie (Suikoden)
- ↑ "What's going on here? Imperial soldiers running around, while you come scurrying in soaking wet. What the... Oh well, forget it. You probably can't tell me about it. Don't worry. You're welcome to hide out here. I'll put it on your tab." - Marie (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Me? They found out I was hiding you. But I'm fine now." - Marie (Suikoden)
- ↑ "No, I don't blame you. Fate, that's all." - Marie (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Really? You own a castle now? Then let me join you." - Marie (Suikoden)
- ↑ "I finally opened my inn, but I have no time to prepare the food. Do you know any good cooks?" - Marie (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Reopens her inn at Gregminster." - Marie's Ending Text (Suikoden)