Marco (マルコ, Maruko) is a character in the original Suikoden game. He is a gambler who challenges passers-by to a cup game with potch being wagered on the outcome.
Marco“ Hey there, fella. How about a contest? ”
Marco was a young orphan who earned his living off of bets on a shell game. He first met the hero in Rockland, prior to his taking leadership of the Toran Liberation Army. Following this, Marco was not encountered by the hero again until they met once more in Warriors' Village, in the region of Lorimar. There, Marco found himself inspired to join after the young leader won 5,000 potch off of his game. During the war, Marco ran his cup game for the amusement of the soldiers and served as an archer in major field battles.
After the Gate Rune War, it is said that he continued to lead his own vigorous life.
|| When your castle is at Level 3 or more, talk to Marco in the Warriors' Village and win 5,000 bits from him.
- In the Sega Saturn release of Suikoden, Marco's shell game is replaced by a "heads or tails" game in which Marco tosses three coins and you guess what side each coin will land on. Potch is awarded if you get two or more coins correct.
- Playing with Marco in Rockland is known to be an easy way to get a lot of money early int he game: Save the game, play with him and remember the pattern. After loading the game, his pattern doesn't change, allowing the player to easily win a couple of rounds.
- ↑ "Hey there, fella. How about a contest?" - Marco (Suikoden)
- ↑ "So we meet again. How about another game?" - Marco (Suikoden)
- ↑ "If you win more than 5,000 bits from me, I'll join you." - Marco (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Leads a vigorous life." - Marco's Ending Text (Suikoden)