| Map description
| Region |
Location of L'Renouille in Dunan.
L'Renouille was the imperial capital of the Highland Kingdom since the nation's foundation in 237. The city serves as a symbol of the Blight family's rule. With a population of 25,000, it was the largest city in the Kingdom. The King of Highland dwelled in L'Renouille Palace, which was renovated in the year 365. With its renovation, L'Renouille was considered a truly majestic capital city. The palace collapsed at the end of the Dunan Unification War and after its absorption by the new Dunan Republic, the city was renamed Higheast.
The temperature around L'Renouille is somewhat lower than its surroundings due to its proximity to the polar climate.
Its English name appears to be an attempt to give a faux-French flair to a basic romanisation of the katakana involved. The Japanese name may derive from R'lyeh (ルルイエ), a lost city that appears in the works of H.P. Lovecraft, which, much like L'Renouille, holds an entity of unbridled power, in this case the entity Cthulhu.
- The city of L'Renouille itself is not accessible in Suikoden II. Only L'Renouille Palace is accessible.
- With a population of 25,000, L'Renouille has the largest mentioned population of any city in the original Suikoden world.
- Gensosuikoden I & II Official World Guide Book (ISBN 4-471-36033-7), page 62
- Gensosuikoden Genso Shinsho Vol. 5 2001 Summer Issue (ISBN 4-88317-884-6), page 16
- Gensosuikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), page 104