Joker (ジョーカー, Jōkā), also known as Wang (ワン, Wan) is a major character in Suikoden III who first appears in Gensosuikogaiden Volume 2. Joker is the aging veteran martial artist of the 12th Unit of the Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Force.
Joker's profile“ The oldest member of the Twelfth Unit of the Holy Harmonia Kingdom's Southern Frontier Defense Force. ”
Joker is the oldest member of the 12th Unit of the Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Force, save for Geddoe himself. His specialty within the unit is magic attacks. His ability to drink is unrivaled and he's always on the look out for a pretty girl. That does not detract from his occasionally insightful nature, however. He is also talented at gathering information, thanks to his ability to lip read. He shared a somewhat comedic relationship with fellow defense force member Ace, wherein the two constantly belittle each other for sport.
He is talented at both magic and martial arts and is a professional when it comes to combat. He always at his most energetic when it comes to fighting and he has been active as a mercenary since he was young. He once used the name Wang, and had met Nash Latkje under that name, but after joining the SFDF he has come to call himself Joker. Nash occasionally referred to him as Wang, but Joker insists its an old nickname. He spent alot of time at Budehuc Castle's restaurant, and was generally polite, but could also be a drunk nuisance once in a while. He was periodically inquiring about the women's bath as well, which is odd because Ace was typically the problem of the group.
Following the War of the Champions, Joker continues to serve in the SFDF even as he complains about the difficulty of fighting at his age.
- Joker's weapon upgrades as Iron, Black Gold, Steel. Contrary to the belief he uses fist weapons, apparently he carries massaging balls to strengthen his own hands to attack. Please explain how sharpening these helps in any way!
- Joker participate in the Mercenary A attack with Ace which looks like it should damage Ace but only stuns him, as well as the spectacular Mercenary B with his team of Geddoe, Queen, Ace, and Jacques. Lastly, he has the Twister attack with Kenji and Juan, making him the only SFDF member to have one outside of the unit.
- Joker learns the unique skills Continual Attack, Counter Attack, Magic Repel, and Pale Gate Magic. While no slouch in Melee, Joker is geared more toward Magic skills.
- It is recommended to remove Joker's Fire Rune and replace it with a Water Rune in order to have an easier adventure.
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, page 313