Jacques (ジャック, Jakku) is a major character in Suikoden III.
Jacques' profile“ A member of the Twelfth Unit of the Holy Harmonia Kingdom's Southern Frontier Defense Force. He wields a gigantic bow gun. ”
Jacques is the newest member of Geddoe's unit in the Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Force. Jacques was recruited on the spot after Geddoe witnessed some particularly awesome marksmanship on his part. As an expert bow user, he's in charge of the 12th Unit's long-range attacks. Jacques is a very taciturn young man but although he may seem aloof or distant at first glance, he's actually a friendly person with very deep feelings. He likes children and animals, playing with them in his free time. He was known to play with dogs, enjoying himself even though his expression never changes.
He was recruited into SFDF shortly before the War of the Champions when he helped to snipe a group of pursuers hunting Geddoe when the chase took them to the forest Jacques was living in. Respecting his temperament and precise marksmanship, Geddoe would recruit Jacques for his unit on the spot. Loyal to Geddoe, he would show off his stunning prowess both as a member of the SFDF and the Fire Bringer. In his life at the castle, Jaques lived a relatively simple existence, biding his time between the restaurant and the bath.
Following the war, Jacques would continue to serve under Geddoe while contemplating the production of an even more powerful bow gun.
- Jacques' weapon upgrade as Bow Gun, Iron Bow Gun, Great Bow Gun.
- Jacques' Japanese name, Jack, completes the card motif of Geddoe's unit: Ace, Jack, Joker and Queen, with Geddoe as the King. He participates in the spectacular Mercenary B attack with them.
- Jacques learns the unique skills Sharp Shoot, in which he can reach S level.
- Does Jacques ever get anywhere with Aila? No one knows for sure.
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, pages 310-311