Hix (ヒックス, Hikkusu) is a supporting character in Suikoden and Suikoden II who makes a cameo in Gensosuikogaiden Volume 1. Hix is a young warrior who is undergoing a trial of manhood.
Hix“ I will protect Tengaar!!! I have sworn it!! On this sword!! ”
Hix is a timid young man from Warriors' Village. He and Tengaar grew up together and two eventually became a couple.
When Neclord took Tengaar, Hix swore to rescue Tengaar and joined Zorak, McDohl and the villagers in storming Neclord's Castle. Hix begged Zorak and McDohl to allow him to go battle Neclord alongside them.
Zorak allowed Hix to go after designating Hix as a warrior and granted Hix permission to name his sword.
Hix aided McDohl's party in combat and they proved victorious over the vampire. After leaving Neclord's castle, Tengaar and Hix volunteered to join the Toran Liberation Army.
Following the end of the Gate Rune War, Hix became accepted as a "True Warrior" and left on a journey with Tengaar at his side.
Hix and Tengaar travelled to the City-State of Jowston in order to undergo the Test of the Unicorn in Kobold Village. However, when they arrived, they discovered the ritual was no longer practiced. After spending the night in the Chief of Kobold Village's home, Hix was unable to wake Tengaar. The Kobold Chief claimed Tengaar was suffering from the Curse of the Unicorn and that the only way to reawaken her was to gather a Blue Stone, Red Flower and Green Bell and bring them to the Unicorn's tree in the Unicorn Woods.
With the help of the hero, Hix raced across Jowston gathering the items. When he returned, Hix went into the forest with the three items, where a perfectly healthy Tengaar and the villagers congratulated him for having completed the staged ritual. To everyone's surprise, the Unicorn Sigfried appeared, but Hix passed the test and Sigfried disappeared after recognizing Hix as a warrior.
Hix and Tengaar joined the New State Army in order to thank the hero for his help.
Following the Dunan Unification War, Hix continued his "coming of age" journey with Tengaar.
Personality and Traits
Hix has a tendency to be doubtful. Hix was prone to being indecisive and frequently was pushed around by Tengaar. Tengaar frequently made decisions on behalf of the couple for Hix. Despite this pushiness, however, they were said to be a well-balanced couple.
Hix frequently had doubts about his vocation as a warrior. He doubted his strength and considered himself weak and didn't practice his swordsmanship as often as Tengaar would like. Even Richmond noted that Hix seemed uninterested in becoming a warrior.
However, when Tengaar was in trouble, Hix rallied his courage to protect her. Hix named his sword after Tengaar, following the tradition of Warrior's Village of naming it after the most important thing in his life.
|| 1H sword
|| Light armour
|| Following the journey to Lakewest, talk to Hix and Tengaar in the inn there. Next go to the Kobold Village and complete Hix and Tengaar's quest to recruit him.
| 27 note
|| 1H sword
|| 5 note
| Tengaar +
|| Light armour
| Tengaar ++
| Never available
|| Level 1
|| Never available
Hix's sword is named Tengaar, as part of the Warriors' Village tradition of naming a sword after the person's most beloved person or possession. He first announced the name of his sword when confronting Neclord during the Gate Rune War, declaring that he would defeat Neclord in the name of his sword.
- ↑ "She and Hix have known each other since they were kids and now they're a couple." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "You are Hix of the Warriors' Village, son of Clift the Crusader. I hereby accept you as a true warrior, and grant permission to name your sword. May the birth of this new warrior be celebrated by all." - Zorak (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Accepted as a "True Warrior", he departs on a journey." - Hix's Ending Text (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Follows Hix on his journey." - Tengaar's Ending Text (Suikoden)
- ↑ "You have to bring the Blue Stone, Red Flower, and Green Bell to the Unicorn's tree in the forest." - Kobold Chief (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Sir Riou helped you so much, we have to repay that debt." - Tengaar (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Continues his "coming of age" journey with Tengaar." - Hix's Ending Text (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Tengaar sure pushes him around a lot." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "No, Hix. I've already made up my mind. Besides, you're coming too." - Tengaar (Suikoden)
- ↑ "Well. . . It's just. . ." - Hix
"You need to come too, Hix." - Tengaar (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "But for all that they're still a well-balanced couple." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "This isn't the first time I've had doubts. I wonder if I can really be a warrior... I just can't get into the idea of having to fight.. But if I say that to Tengaar, I know she'll get angry..." - Hix (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Lord Riou, I don't think I'm cut out to be a warrior. What do you think?" - Hix (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "I-I...sure, but, I'm weak." - Hix (Suikoden)
- ↑ "That Hix just won't do his training every day like he's supposed too. He'll never become a warrior that way." - Tengaar (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "He left Warrior's Village to complete his journey of manhood, but it looks like he's not really too interested in becoming a warrior." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I. . . I probably can't win. . . . I probably won't ever be a warrior. . . But. . . But. . . But. . . I. . . I will protect Tengaar!!! I have sworn it!! On this sword!!" - Hix (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Hix's sword is named Tengaar. It's an old custom in Warrior's Village to name your sword after the most important thing in your life." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, page 77