Gengen (ゲンゲン, Gengen) is a character in Suikoden II. Gengen is a kobold warrior who fought in the Dunan Unification War.
Gengen“ Then let's go!! We will show them the might of the Kobolds! ”
Gengen is a soldier from Kobold Village who joined Viktor's mercenaries. Although he still had quite a ways to go as a warrior, his inherient brightness was found to be calming and he became something of a familiar mascot for the Mercenary Fortress.
Following the defeat of Viktor's mercenaries, Gengen, along with other survivors of the attack, became a member of the New State Army, where he served as an Infantry Captain during the Dunan Unification War. Following the war, Gengen remained a soldier, becoming a captain of the Dunan Republican Army, coming closer to his goal of being a truly great warrior.
|| 1H sword
|| Light helmet
| Good Sword
|| Light armour
| Great Sword
| Never available
|| Level 1
|| Never available
- The position of Gengen's tail and ears give away his emotions. When he is happy, his tail is standing up. When Gengen is sad, his tail is down. When Gengen spots something delicious, his ears stand straight up.
- Gengen is a hero in his native village; not only does the Chief of Kobold Village thank you for taking good care of their hero Gengen, but he also has a rival.
- Gengen can stay underwater for 15 minutes.
- Gensosuikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), page 100
- ↑ "When his tail is standing up, it means he's happy." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "When his tail is down it means he's sad." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "When he's found something delicious to eat, his ears stand straight up." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Welcome to Kobold Village! Aren't you Lord Riou? Thank you for taking such good care of our hero, Gengen." - Chief of Kobold Village (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "I am Gengen's rival. We are both great Kobold heroes, but I must remain here to protect this town." - Kobold Man (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Captain Gengen taught me how to swim today. He can stay underwater for 15 minutes!" - Gabocha (Suikoden II)