Freed Yamamoto (フリード・ヤマモト, Furīdo Yamamoto), usually referred to as Freed Y (フリード・Ｙ, Furīdo Y) in-game, is a character in Suikoden II. Freed Yamamoto is a soldier hailing from South Window Principality who held strong loyalties to both South Window and the City-State of Jowston.
Freed Y“ For the memory of Granmeyer! For the people of South Window!!! I'll fight with all my power!!!!! ”
Freed Yamamoto is a South Window soldier with strong loyalties to his home principality. Freed served as an assistant to the mayor of South Window, Granmeyer, who he held in high esteem. Freed was introduced to his wife, Yoshino Yamamoto, through Granmeyer.
When South Window and Tinto forces occupied the Senan region of the then Scarlet Moon Empire, Freed participated in the attack.
During the Dunan Unification War, Freed Y accompanied Hero (Suikoden II) and Viktor on a mission in the North Window area. As Freed attempted to return to South Window to report on their findings, he discovered that South Window had been taken by the Highland Kingdom. When Freed became a member of the New State Army, his ties to South Window proved useful as Shu ordered him to infiltrate the South Window soldiers, recently conscripted by Highland, in order to to spread rumours of their imminent execution and pro-New State Army propaganda. Freed succeeded in his mission, turning the former State forces to the New State side and increasing the then-small army's recruits.
When the New State Army decided to ask the Toran Republic for military aid during the war, Freed was an outspoken critic of the decision. However, Freed led the New State party to the Toran Republic and even personally pleaded the case for an alliance to President Lepant.
After the Dunan Unification War, Freed was offered a position in the Dunan Republic, but refused, choosing instead to live happily in Radat Town, as he had promised his wife.
Personality and Traits
Freed was said to be exceptionally polite and also had a strong sense of duty.
Freed was a devoted disciple of Granmeyer. He saw Granmeyer as a gentle, wise man who would have been an ideal ruler in a peaceful world. Upon hearing of Granmeyer's death, Freed vowed to fight for the New State Army in order to avenge Granmeyer's death.
Freed was exceptionally close to his wife, Yoshino. Their home was considered by Richmond to be a love nest and Freed was said to be extremely happy when he was around Yoshino.
|| 1H sword
|| Light armour
| Never available
|| Level 1
|| Level 40
- ↑ "He really worshipped that old guy, Granmeyer. He might have gone down in history as one of the great mayors if it hadn't been for that war." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "She was introduced to Freed through Granmeyer. I don't know what she sees in him, but they've been married for 5 years now." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "As a citizen of South Window, I fought against you with Lord Granmeyer." - Freed Y (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "It's a terrible idea! The Scarlet Moon Empire may have changed its name, but they're still an enemy of the State! How can you think of cooperating with such a vile nation?" - Freed Y (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Refused a position in the country of Dunan and returned to live in Radat." - Freed Y's Ending Text (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Looks like she make Freed promise that when the war is over, he'll go back to Radat and live a quiet life with her." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Very polite, aren't you." - Rina (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Your sense of duty....That's why I love you." - Yoshino Y (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "He was a gentle man. 3 years ago, when he retreated from a border skirmish with the Toran Republic, all of Tinto called him a coward. As it turned out, surrendering to Highland was a bad mistake. If we had lived in a peaceful world, he would have been seen as a wise ruler. But gentleness has becoming a sin in this world." - Freed Y (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "For the memory of Granmeyer! For the people of South Window!!! I'll fight with all my power!!!!!" - Freed Y (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "He's got a home in Radat... Lives with his wife... It's a regular love nest, it is." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "He's happy when he's together with Yoshino." - Richmond (Suikoden II)