Camus (カミュー, Kamyū) is a character in Suikoden II and Gensosuikogaiden Volume 2. He is a the cool-headed captain of the Red Knights of the Matilda Knightdom.
Camus“ A battle must be fought with a cool head. Fight as always. ”
Camus is a knight of the Matilda Knightdom. Though originally from Grassland, Camus moved to Matilda in his youth and took the test to become a knight. He and Miklotov took the test in the same year and they set a new record for the longest mock fight during their exam. Both were accepted on the same day as knights and Camus rose through the ranks of the knighthood, eventually becoming the leader of the Red Knights of Matilda whereas Miklotov became the leader of the Blue Knights.
Camus accompanied Gorudo to the meeting on Jowston Hill prior to the outbreak of the Dunan Unification War. When Hero (Suikoden II) came to Rockaxe Castle in an attempt to convince Gorudo to ally with the New State Army, Camus broke his oath as a knight to join the New State Army in order to fight against the Highland Kingdom. After his resignation, Camus convinced around half of the Red and Blue Knights to join him and Miklotov.
As a member of the New State Army, Camus fought against the Highland Kingdom, even commanding one of the flanking units used against Kiba Windamier while defending the New State Army Headquarters.
After the war, Camus reformed the Matilda Knightdom along with Miklotov, then journeyed to the Grassland. During their travels, they helped Milit Village to get rid of Clant, a former Matilda Knight wo claimed to be the Flame Champion, and his group of bandits. They were aided by Nash Latkje and many of their old comrades in the New State Army. Camus also met Maki, a childhood friend of his, again in the village. She treated the wounds he received in his battle with Clant.
Personality and Traits
Camus was said to have rough manners, but to be a knight in every way as well as exceedingly tough. Camus' behavior was also said to be less naïve than that of other knights.
Like Miklotov, he was held in high esteem in Rockaxe Castle, in contrast to the less popular Gorudo.
In contrast to the more hot-headed Miklotov, Camus kept calm and believed that a cool head was needed in battle. Even when upset, he was unlikely to reveal his emotions.
|| 1H sword
|| Light armour
- ↑ ”He's originally from the Grasslands, but he moved to Matilda when he was young and took the test to become a knight.” - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”They share our disgust for Gorudo's methods. About half of both the Red and Blue Knights have decided to join us.” - Camus (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Reformed Matilda Knightdom along with Miklotov and then journeyed to the Grasslands.” - Camus' Ending Text (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”He's got rough manners, but he's a knight all the way. That guy is as tough as nails.” - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”The Knights here are usually gentlemen but a bit too naive. But Lord Camus is different...” - Maid (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Lord Camus and Miklotov are very kind to us, but Lord Gorudo.. I despise him.” - Teen (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ” A battle must be fought with a cool head. Fight as always.” - Camus (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Captain Camus is the kind of man who would never show it, but I bet he's longing to fight Highland.” - Red Knight (Suikoden II)