Ayda (エイダ, Eida) is a character in Suikoden II who also appears in Gensosuikogaiden Volume 1. She is an archer and calls herself a "Guardian of the Forest".
Ayda“ You cannot separate the world into 'people' and 'monsters.' Taking a life in battle may have meaning, but this is murder. ”
In the past, Ayda's parents were killed by griffins although she bore the creatures no ill-will over the incident. Her father was a "Guardian of the Forest" in the past and that is part of the reason why Ayda has taken up the title as well. When an injured griffin arrived in the Forest Village, Ayda tried to stop the villagers from killing it. She stated that if the griffin were to recover and attack, she would fight it, but to do it when he was injured would be murder and would hold no meaning. When a group of griffins swooped in to attack Feather, Ayda tried to defend it but was defeated. Luckily, the hero and his companions were able to repel the attack.
After the hero communicated with Feather with Badeaux's Listening Crystal, Ayda decided to join the New State Army after treating Feather's wounds. Ayda liked the castle although she did miss the forests she was accustomed to. She also formed a bond with Kinnison, who may have had a crush on the young Guardian. She served as an archer captain during the Dunan Unification War and her ability to navigate forests proved helpful to any unit she was part of.
Following the Dunan Unification War, she returned to the forests in Greenhill to live in harmony in nature. Her maxim was that she was born in the forest, her life is dedicated to protecting the forest, and she says she'll die in the forest. Even after the war she was occasionally visited by Kinnison.
|| Once your castle is at Level 3 or higher and if you have at least one set of Listening Crystals acquired from recruiting Badeaux, go to the Forest Village and meet Ayda then use the Listening Crystal when prompted.
|| Young female
| Wooden Bow
| Forest Bow
| Earth Bow
|| Heal Self x1
|| Forest Walk
- ↑ "From: Deep in the forest near Greenhill" - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Your parents were killed by those beasts!! Have you forgotten that!?" - Man (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "The reason I live as a Guardian... My father's soul still lives within me..." - Ayda (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "It lacks the beauty and natural grandeur of the forest, but this castle isn't bad....I like it." - Ayda (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "With Ayda's 'Forest Walk' ability, you can pass through forest terrain as
easily as if it were an open field." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Returned to the deep forest where she lives a life in harmony with nature." - Ayda's Ending Text (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Returned with Shiro to the woods near Ryube, but occasionally visits the deep forest too." - Kinnison's Ending Text (Suikoden II)