Ayame (アヤメ, Ayame) is a supporting character in Suikoden III. Ayame is a ninja, dedicated to hunting down Watari.
Ayame's profile“ Nothing is known about this female ninja, who seems to be tracking down Watari.”
Ayame is a mysterious ninja, formerly in the employ of the Highland Kingdom. Stories say that Ayame once served the Highland Kingdom as an assassin before it fell and that she is a member of the Kage ninja group which participated in the Higheast Rebellion that followed, but the exact details are unknown. Her hometown and background are unknown, as she does not appear to be affiliated with the ninja village Rokkaku. Ayame never speaks openly about her involvement in any operation.
In the years that followed, she hunted down the ninja Watari for abandoning the group and challenged him to a duel when the two encountered each other in the North Cavern. Following her defeat, Ayame would join the Fire Bringer. Normally, Ayame was somber and serious but sometimes displayed a fierce tenacity, especially regarding Watari. She agreed to put aside her orders to kill him until the war was over, although this proved to test her patience. Ayame did not associate much with her fellow Fire Bringers during the war, and was particularly annoyed with the detective Kidd, who relented further investigation after she threatened him.
Following the War of the Champions, she would immediately leave Budehuc Castle, already in pursuit of Watari. Any further information or the result of their conflict remains unknown.
Firstly, recruit Watari. This can be done as early as Chris' Chapter 2. Now, speak to him in the basement of Budehuc Castle, which will trigger a flashback to a conversation between him and Ayame at the North Cavern. Take Watari to the large room at the end of the cave and Ayame will confront him in a 1-on-1 duel. Should Watari win, then Ayame will be recruited.
- Ayame fills the role as Suikoden III's resident "female ninja Shrike Rune user".
- Ayame's weapon upgrades as Spring Zephyr to Spring Gale. Her first weapon name, Spring Breeze, cannot be seen without a cheating device.
- Ayame has unite attacks with Watari (Ninja Attack) and Landis (Condemnation). In the former, she and Watari slice through multiple foes in a diamond-shape pattern, in the latter, she holds the target still while Landis slices the two of them good. Exercise caution using the Condemnation attack if Ayame has low health because Landis can kill her.
- Ayame is able to reach S level in Repel and Holy Dash skills. In her unique skill, Counter Attack, she is able to reach A level.
- Ayame makes a particularly lousy actress for Nadir's plays, try it!
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, pages 278-279