Amada (アマダ, Amada) is a character in Suikoden II. He is a sailor from the Island Nations who spent some time working in Radat Town during the Dunan Unification War.
Amada“ What??? Am I too scary for ya? You look like a pretty tough kid, I thought you'd be up for it. ”
Amada worked in Radat Town, as part of the crew operating the sluice gate. As such, when the hero, Nanami and Apple needed the water level drained, it was Amada who refused them. However, seeing the hero's determination, he agreed to lower the water level when defeated by him in a duel.
Following the establishment of the New State Army, he was one of two people considered to bring the hero and his party to Lakewest. Amada requested a second duel with the hero and, once defeated, agreed to join the army.
Following the Dunan Unification War, Amada took control of a vessel and returned to the Island Nations.
Personality and Traits
Amada claimed to be born on the sea, and stated that the sea would be where he would die. He also claimed to not be one for dry land.
Richmond noted Amada had a lot of confidence in his physical strength, which is what leads to his challenging Hero (Suikoden II) twice. His favourite breakfast is a big helping of fermented soy-beans on rice, in fact, it's claimed he can't wake up properly without it.
|| After being approached to travel to Two River City, talk to Amada at the Radat Town sluice gate and defeat him in a duel.
| Pine Oar
| Oak Oar
| Teak Oar
| Never available
|| Level 1
|| Never available
- ↑ "Hmmmm, I see. Sorry, little lady, I can't just close the sluice gate for no good reason. If someone's life was in danger or if there was some other emergency, it would be different." - Amada (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Wow. You're really serious. I've got a weak spot in my heart for hard working kids like you. Okay, here's what I'll do. I'll fight you for it. If you win, that means you're for real and I'll close the gate." - Amada (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Lord Riou..... Why don't you ask that Amada person from before?" - Apple (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Okay here's what I'll do. Because of what happened last time, this time we'll decide it! A one on one battle with me!!! If you win, I'll join your group!" - Amada (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Commandeered a ship and returned to the island countries." - Amada's Ending Text (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "Hey, I was born on the sea and that's where I plan to die. Just leave everything to me." - Amada (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "I'm not much for dry land, so I'll hang out by the boat until you get back." - Amada (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "He's got a lot of confidence in his own strength. I'll bet ya could use that against him." - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ "I heard he can't wake up in the morning without a big helping of fermented soy-beans on rice." - Richmond (Suikoden II)