Alex (アレックス, Arekkusu) is a character in Suikoden II. Alex is a treasure hunter who looks to find treasures to provide for his wife, Hilda, and son, Pete.
Alex“ “This is the treasure I found!!” ”
Alex is a treasure hunter who lives near the Sindar ruins at the White Deer Inn with his wife, Hilda. Alex met his wife during Muse's Harvest Festival and the two married six months later. The two eventually had a son, Pete, and opened an inn outside of Muse.
Alex became obsessed with the White Deer Inn ruins, believing them to be full of treasure. He aimed to provide Hilda and Pete with a better life through his treasure hunting but was unable to secure much support for his plans in Muse.
When the hero, Jowy, and Nanami's party arrived at the White Deer Inn, Alex made a deal that he would loan the party their Entry Permit's if they would help him look for treasure. The ruins were a disappointment as Alex only found some herbs, much to his initial disappointment. However, when he discovered Hilda had fallen ill, the herbs proved priceless as they quickly cured her.
During the Dunan Unification War, Alex and Hilda were forced to abandon the White Deer Inn and flee to South Window City.
There, they ran into the hero again and became part of the New State Army. Alex set up an item store for the New State Army and was briefly involved in battle when he acted as a faux reinforcement during a battle in the Matilda Knightdom.
After the war, Alex returned to the White Deer Inn with his family, but was unable to quit treasure hunting.
- Alex is one of the few characters who is known to be able to read Sindarin text.
- ↑ ”She first met Alex at Muse's Harvest Festival. They married 6 months later.” - Richmond (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Damn! Those city folk! Nobody believed me....They even called me a Liar!! Damn!” - Alex (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Returned to white deer inn, but can't seem to lose his "treasure-hunting" bug...” - Alex's Ending Text (Suikoden II)
- ↑ ”Yeah, that's right. There's Sindarin writing here. Traveller, all that you desire, all that you dream for, all that is most dear to you is here if your heart is true...” - Alex