Ain Gide (アイン・ジード, Ain Jīdo) is a character in Suikoden. A general of the Scarlet Moon Empire, Ain Gide stayed true to Barbarosa Rugner throughout the Gate Rune War.
Ain Gide“ Even if the Imperial Army is defeated, I cannot betray Emperor Barbarosa. If I, Ain Gide, betray him, who will he have left? ”
Ain Gide was a loyal subordinate of the Scarlet Moon Empire. During the Gate Rune War, he had jurisdiction over the Fortress of Kwaba, as an Imperial security commander. Ain was also a good friend of Teo McDohl, so when Teo's son came to the fortress while on the run for treason, Ain deliberately overlooked him despite knowing his identity, placing his friendship with Teo above his duties.
Despite this he was still a true warrior and loyal to the Empire. As the Gate Rune War neared its conclusion it was Ain who stood in the way of the Toran Liberation Army at the last bastion of the Empire, Gregminster Palace. Although encouraged to surrender, and knowing that the Empire was defeated, Ain refused to move. Instead, he battled the forces of the Liberation Army until fell. By staying true to both his friendship with Teo and his loyalty to Emperor Barbarosa, Ain Gide showed that the most important thing a warrior has is one's own actions.
- Despite having General rank, he is not counted among the Five Great Generals of the Scarlet Moon Empire.
- The meteor storm attack that Ain Gide uses is not available through any Rune in the game.
- Cleo is the only character in the entire game to refer to Ain Gide by only his first name.
- Gensosuikoden Encyclopaedia (ISBN 4-575-16297-3), page 12
- Gensosuikoden Kiwami Encyclopedia, pages 20-21